Founded in St. Clair Shores, MI, Home Inspection Professionals has been providing residential, commercial, investment and new construction inspection services throughout Southeastern Michigan since 2003.
Providing prompt, professional service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, Home Inspection Professionals prides itself on offering clients personal service from a business owner/inspector with local knowledge, extensive expertise and up-to-date training and certifications.
As the face of Home Inspection Professionals, President and CEO, Kevin Stripling, brings over a 18 years of experience (including 10,000+ inspections) to the business and his clients. His love of the inspection field extends beyond the standard homes into commercial inspections.
Retired Mathematics Professor, Paul Shinsky chose home inspection as a second career with a love of all things “home“. Paul brings a love of construction and maintenance to each inspection. When he’s not inspecting homes, he serves in his church as a deacon and his community as a math tutor and driving instructor. He enjoys the challenge of each inspection, while the teacher at heart greets each one as an opportunity to educate the buyer on best practices to maintain their investment.
Gerald Stolicker joined the Home Inspection Professionals team with an outstanding education in the construction trades beginning in High School and continuing into college for Architectural Design. Gerry understands the importance of continuing education and it’s benefits to our clients. He’s currently pursuing additional InterNACHI certifications. While he now enjoys the city life, he attributes his solid work ethic to his days growing up on a Mid-Michigan family farm.
Our clients are well served with the experience of Chris Finn. His background in construction as well as landscaping makes him a perfect fit to the HIP Team. His experience with residential cement procedures including everything from setup and pour to finishing and brickwork, gives him a unique perspective on exterior structures. Chris is a state of Michigan certified Section 8, HUD and MSHDA inspector. Family man and homeowner, Chris appreciates the value of community and is active in providing local safety training programs, CPR and First-Aid as well as event management and personal defense.
While you might catch her retrieving a water sample or running a test to the lab, Office Administrator, Tina McCrillis successfully juggles the many tasks required to keep our company running efficiently on the inside. Her diverse background makes her a perfect fit for the team by managing Accounting, Office Operations and Marketing. You’ll often find her behind the scenes working on our social media presence and supporting our many business partnerships.
Customer Service is the name of her game – Kristen Osaer brings a hearty helping of experience to our staff. Pleasant on the phone and detail oriented, Kristen’s background in banking and insurance provide us the support in house that our clients can depend on.
Professional Certifications and Accreditations Include:
- State of Michigan Licensed Builder
- State of Michigan Asbestos Inspector
- Certified Mold Inspector and Remediator (National Association of Mold Professionals)
- Macomb County Certified Septic and Wall Evaluator
- HUD Inspector & 203-K Consultant
- Health and Safety Technician (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration)
- Level 1 Thermographers
Membership and Affiliations Include:
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI)
- City of St. Clair Shores Water Resources Board Committee
- Sterling Heights Chamber of Commerce
- Women’s Council of Realtors – Affiliate
- Grosse Pointe Board of Realtors – Affiliate
- Greater Metropolitan Association of Realtors – Affiliate
Education and Fraternal Organization Memberships Include:
- Lake Superior State University
- Delta Sigma Phi (President, Zetta Tau Alumni Chapter)
- Delta Sigma Phi (Trustee, Alumni Corporation Board)
- Fraternal Order of Moose International
- Jefferson Yacht Club – Board of Directors